Saturday, July 17, 2010

Alex Perry 'Arabian Princess' Showcase at Palazzo Versace




This was my first time covering such a distinguished designer and it will certainly go down in my memory as a perfectly impressive night! I missed out on going to the Rosemount Australian Fashion week so to be able to see Alex Perry's Arabian Princess inspired pieces first hand was going to be amazing! Opportunities to see top Australian Designers rarely pop up on the Gold Coast so I took it with both hands and ran! I love the Palazzo Versace with all its class and glamour, from the paint on the walls to the chandeliers to the butterflies and flowers, it just screams opulence! Pulling into the entrance on what I swear was the coldest yet clearest Gold Coast night this winter and seeing the driveway decorated with guests Prestige Vehicles made my heart beat with extra enthusiasm! After leaving my car with the Valet and throwing on my faux fur jacket (thank goodness I had brought it brrrr!) I almost ran in with excitement! As soon as I entered through the doors I was immediately reminded to take a breath, fix my posture and hold my head high by the glitz and glamour of the Gold Coast socialites that had come to make the most of this illustrious affair! It was extremely exclusive with only 100 tickets available. Distinguished guests included Chloe Maxwell (who was our MC for the night), Jesinta Campbell (Miss Universe Australia 2010 who is as sweet as she is gorgeous!), Atlantis Dell'Aqua (Owner of Absolute Indulgence International), Aaron O'Donnell (CEO of FTV Oceania) and of course Alex Perry himself! With free flowing sparkling wine, delicious canapes and lavish cages of candles adorned with butterflies, the atmosphere was set and the show was ready to begin! The 'Arabian Princess' SS 10/11 collection colour palette was sandy nude, blush pink, soft lilac and austere black and whites that were given Alex's usual touch of class and edge of attitude! Form-fitting floor-length frocks, embellished mini-dresses and layers upon layers of elegant tulle, every piece was a statement in its own right. The gorgeous nude heels were provided by Australia's own Peeptoe Shoes which seem to be a runway must have. I managed to find a sneaky little spot to be able to get some photos and watch Alex Perry cosseting the models to make sure the dresses sat to his liking on the gorgeous female figures. 

Claudine Dress (left) & Amanda Dress (right).
These black and white print dresses are gorgeous! The Zebra like print is certainly making a come back and looks amazing. The print and cut of these dresses draws the eye to specific areas that highlight your best assets!


Lauren Dress (left) & a Dress that was not in RAFW or on Alex Perry's site so maybe this night was it's debut???
Add a bit of unique bling to your night! These dresses are nothing short of dazzling!

Jade Dress (Left) & Rachael Dress (Right)
I am not usually the biggest fan of lace but these dresses are beautiful, soft and feminine.

Carrie Dress (Left) & Carrie Dress C (Right)
Sequins done right! I also love the use of the corset look that he has embraced with many of his dresses!

Couture Gowns
These gowns are amazing and made the crowd swoon! 
One word... STUNNING!

Monica Dress.
Alex Perry has taken a lot of out dated embellishment styles (lace, sequins, butterflies, etc.) and made them magical again!  
I loved the whole collection. It was stunning, inventive, magical and certainly lived up to the hype surrounding the Arabian Princess collection! Alex Perry was just lovely and was all too happy to talk to star struck fans (including me!) after the show! For more pictures of the night and of the garments go to http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Casey-Evans/122857967749771?ref=ts

1 comment: