Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Temple's Launch of Fashion Fridays!



On a freezing cold and rainy Friday I managed to talk my little brother, Alex, into coming along as my photographer to the launch of Fashion Fridays at Temple's Sass Lounge. I had heard a little bit about Temple but not since the launch of their Sass lounge and I had never actually been to Temple. Alex had been there before and after he had vaguely pointed in the direction of where it was as I drove by then made me park down a side street I started to wonder whether or not I should have stayed at home! We jumped out of the car and it was raining, I had a hell of alot of eye make-up on that I needed to protect and no umbrella.... great. I followed Alex hoping he knew where this place was while trying to sheild my eyes and started to doubt where we were going when he started leading me along a boardwalk. "Here it is!" he said as we got to the entrance.



I couldnt look up as the rain was blistering down by this time so I ran up those stairs and into the beautiful warmth and radiance Temple has to offer! I was astounded. Such a beautiful, welcoming and clean place with an amazing view of the water.... why had I not been here before!? Wooden floors, leather lounges and projections of fashion images surrounded a gorgeous SASS runway highlighted by pink lighting. The bar was gorgeous and the staff were very friendly! If you cannot tell by now.... I loved Temple! It reminded me of Brisbane... I love Brisbane and it's beautiful lounge bars that adorn the river. Now I have somewhere on the GC that I love just as much!

The night was covered by the online TV show SASS & BENTLEY TV! Sass & Bentley TV began late last year and has covered events including - Ralph Model of the Year, Playboy Golf Party, Slam Summer Volleyball Festival, Good Vibrations Festival 2010, and Sanctuary Cove's Spring Carnivale. Sass & Bentley teamed up with Temple to create the Sass Lounge that had it's official launch party on the 18th of July. With Fashion Fridays they are hoping to create a unique opportunity for local designers and boutiques to take the next step in the industry by having their collections seen by the people that matter the most!
They are also the official organiser and promoters for GOLD COAST FASHION WEEK 2010! Make sure you check it out! www.goldcoastfashionweek.com.au


The night was hosted by beautiful Tenielle Stoltenkamp (wearing Ashlee Hart) who did an amazing job with her gorgeous voice that you could listen to all night!
Now to the extra important bits.... THE FASHION!



The gorgeous girls, Tal Fitzpatrick (left) and Erin Davis (right), from Pavo Tails were the first up for the night and again they put on a lovely showcase. This was their 3rd showcase for their label Pavo Tails yet the debut for their new range!


The girls from Pavo Tails love their fantasy pieces and I tell you what this Red Riding Hood would become alot of men's fantasy! Pavo Tails are known for their signature capes and I just love the sexy spin on this entire look! The skirt was gorgeous with huge splits up each side (for more pictures of all the garments see my facebook http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Casey-Evans/122857967749771?ref=ts ).

The new Pavo Tails range had their signature hoods and capes as well as their references to peacock feathers! It was an extremely diverse range, showing their wonderful talent for creativity, yet every piece had in common its feminine beauty with attention to detail and lovely fabrics. Tal also informed me that they like to use a diverse range of models which is great to see a designer respecting the Code of Conduct for the fashion industy!


The gorgeous and quirky, pocket rocket designer Stephanie Kim was the second designer up that night! Stephanie started fashion school at 16 yet has only just launched her label this year. Stephanies garments are light weight cotton gypsywear that is inspired by our beautiful Gold Coast beaches! Stephanie wants to make affordable beachwear for the GC so her pieces are no more than $30! It was Stephanie's debut and although there were a few minor mistakes (that I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't have pointed them out to me!) she did very well! Stephanies pieces are exactly what she wants them to be.... vibrant and affordable beachwear.



Stephanie informed me that she had been working tirelessly as every single piece she showcased had been made in the past 5 days! Any designers first runway show is nerve-wracking and can have a few mistakes but the important thing is that you learn from these mistakes and keep going! I take my hat off to Stephanie as the fashion industry can be difficult and she is doing what most others are too afraid to do.... get out there, make a name for yourself and make things happen! Well done Stephanie and I look forward to seeing more of your designs!

Next up is Ashlee Hart. As you all know I love Ashlee's designs and I tell you now she certainly did not dissapoint! I love Ashlee's business savvy and professional approach. Her pieces are devine in their tailoring of gorgeous fabrics and colours. Her models strolled and strutted down the runway in time to an amazing remix of 'Why don't you do it right' (reminding me of Jessica Rabbit's sultry version!) showing off the attitude of these classy garments!



I love her attention to detail with hats, sequins (which I usually hate but love on her pieces!), feathers, gold gilding and the low and loose backs which seems quite popular with designers at the moment yet Ashlee does them like she has been doing it for years!
Ashlee's eveningwear is gorgeous, classy and luxurious its like the Palazzo Versace in a dress.


Last but not least the oh so talented Melina Hollway! This showcase was possibly my favourite of the night! I was privilaged enough to get a glimpse of one of Melina's designs during the Elsewhere Fashion Finale yet I didn't manage to get a close look... but this time I did and I must say I am beyond impressed! Not only was she showcasing her amazing handmade eveningwear but some gooooorgeous couture lingerie. Melina's models put on an amazing performance to Nancy Sinatra's mesmerizing song 'Bang Bang' with their weapons, wings and gowns inspired by the movie 'Kill Bill'.




The four models originally came out wearing their evening gowns and then undressed on stage to make it that much more fun and memorable! Melina's eye for detail and choice of fabric colour and texture when it comes to her garments is so incredibly impressive. Her pieces were sexy, charming and luxurious rolled into one resulting in a visual delight. Each garment had so many dimensions it was amazing and wonderful to see so much creativity go into a single piece! Melina informed me that she was aiming for 'seductive glamour' and I tell you now she certainly hit her target! Well done Melina I loved every piece!

Needless to say I had a great night and met some wonderful people! Alex also had a great night to his surprise (I'm not sure what he thought I did at these events! :D ) and after falling in love with all of the models and a number of phone calls to friends bragging that he was hanging with models back stage he took some great pictures and footage for me! Thank you to everyone, especially Ryan & Melissa from Sass & Bentley TV, for allowing me access to this wonderful launch of what I am sure will continue to be a fun filled and visual delight of an event! Anyone who supports our local talent certainly gets my tick of approval!
Make sure you check out the gallery on my facebook to view all the garments and behind the scenes pictures!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Casey-Evans/122857967749771?ref=ts
I'm not sure when Sass & Bentley TV are putting up the footage from the night but here is their website as it's worth a look and I will let you know when they post the episode!
http://www.sassandbentleytv.com/

Stay fabulous! x
CLE

No comments:

Post a Comment