Tuesday, July 27, 2010

blanc + delta


Store Opening!

I love seeing people succeed! It puts a smile on my face, motivates me even more and gives me inspiration. Bianca Daly is one of those people. Blanc + delta was created by Bianca during her final year at design school to gain entry into the Australian Fashion Design Awards. Bianca had not thought of a name and had to quickly come up with a label so she chose blanc + delta which loosely translates as “Bianca’s revolution”. Bianca's design was chosen as a finalist in the exclusive couture category and has since sky-rocketed. Participating in Rosemount Australian Fashion Week and featured in Grazia, Madison, Shop til you drop, Cosmopolitan, Who, The Sydney Morning Herald and Virgin Blue’s Voyeur Magazine, Bianca is proving to be unstoppable. She is also in the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival in Brisbane next month! In August 2009, Blanc + delta won a competition run by Brisbane Marketing which gave her a shop rent-free for six months in Brisbane city (any new designers dream!). When Bianca's six months were up it was time to move! The store has now relocated to the beautiful Wintergarden Centre and is surrounded by other prestigious designs including Lisa Ho, Carla Zampatti and Kookai. Blanc + delta certainly does not look out of place in its new home. The opening, which I attended, was on Friday the 23rd of July and was a real reflection of her collection.... fair and delicate. As I walked into the store my ears were filled with the beautiful music appropriately played by a cellist in the corner and my hand donned with a glass of champagne. A gorgeous chaise lounge sat ornate in the middle of the room next to a vase of white roses on top of a gorgeous white shaggy rug. I really enjoyed how the furnishing reflected the collection. In fact everything reflected the collection, even the designer. Lovely Bianca came up to me and introduced herself. She was not at all what I expected.... she was incredibly shy, delicate and sweet and all too happy to talk to me about her beautiful collection whose colours were inspired by the crown jewels. I spent a long time browsing her collection. The garments, suspended from crisp white clothes hangers, had a beautiful fragility about them with their intricate panelling and ruffles. Silk was used in almost every raiment adding even more fragility to the already subdued nature of the clothes. The pieces are statement makers but in a soft and appeasing way. I am really looking forward to see what Bianca puts on the runway at the MBFF!    





Bianca is very talented and has a clear vision of what she wants from her designs and I applaud her for that! For more pictures on the night go to my facebook and check out the gallery!
Stay fabulous! x
CLE

No comments:

Post a Comment