Thursday, March 24, 2011

Swimshow Australia 2011



Swimwear, swimwear and more swimwear! Who knew that there were so many different brands and designers! I certainly didn't! I have covered quite a few different swimwear events in my time as a fashion blogger. Being on the Gold Coast there are so many but this was my first trade show! I never really understood the swimwear industry but now I do and I have admiration for anyone who is willing to try and break into it. You have so little material to work with that it takes a lot of lateral thinking to make your swimwear stand out from the crowd. Still, somehow designers are going from strength to strength in doing so! New technology is giving designers a little bit more leeway but I really am in awe of how they manage to invent new cuts, prints and ways to combine colours every season! This is such a competitive industry that you really need to keep up or you will be left behind! 

There were so many designers that I have decided to talk about my top three. These are in no particular order and even though there were so many great brands these were the three that stood out to me....

***DHUFISH***

Dhufish designs were gorgeous. Their colours were stunning, the prints were eye catching and the cuts were classic but revamped. What especially stood out to me was their UV Protector Jacket. I absolutely love it and have every intention of getting one for myself!




***JETS BY JESSIKA ALLEN**

I love Jets and have done for years. Their swimwear is classy, elegant and down right fabulous! They know which colours work well together and their prints and cuts are gorgeous. They have swimwear for every shape and size and I love almost every single piece! 







***ZAFIRO***

There is nothing not to love about Zafiro. Their swimwear  is totally unique and bold! The mix of colours and prints put together in contrasting ways creates magic on these pieces and I love it! Check out their website as 1. it is a brilliant website (I love the shop for your shape option) and 2. because Zafiro has an interesting story behind it! 




I hope you love my top three as much as I do! To see the rest of the designers that were at Swimshow 2011 go here 

For Swimshow Social Pictures go here

Thank you Swimshow Australia 2011! 

Stay fabulous!

CLE

No comments:

Post a Comment