Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ROSS SCUTTS- ENTREPRENEUR- INTERVIEW


Last week when explaining to a PR manager what my blog entailed, I was so happy to say that my blog is one of motivation and inspiration, not one of gossip and slander. When the words came out of my mouth I was shocked and proud all at once! That is something I had worked really hard on, keeping my blog motivational and inspirational, and to be able to say that and the blog be tangle proof of that made me so proud! Recently I made the decision to write more motivational and inspirational pieces as I want to contribute as much as I can to our magnificent world and I am lucky enough that I can write a blog from my little corner and have a couple of people read it and hopefully motivate them to go for their dreams!

One of the best ways to help motivate people is to show you that there are people, just like you and I, who are striving for their goals and dreams and are successful at doing so! Success stories are mind food and motivate us to go for our dreams... because if they can do it... so can you! 

Ross Scutts is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Ross, a Brisbane man in his early twenties, not only understands the importance of setting goals, but for taking action! Which in turn has created the success he is after! On the 26th of March I will be attending a workshop which Ross has put together for young entrepreneurs to arm them with the best artillery you will ever have in your inventory- KNOWLEDGE. You can never ever stop learning and if you want to be, do and have what YOU want then I suggest you constantly seek out such events, books and CD's to help you on your journey! I am so excited to be attending this work shop and I will be blogging all about it for you so keep an eye out!

*****

ROSS SCUTTS

Ross Scutts

When did you decide you wanted to become entrepreneurial?  
To be honest, I don’t believe I ever made the conscious decision to become an entrepreneur but I do recall the time that I decided that I wouldn’t settle for less than what I want and what I know I can become which was when I was 18 and I opened my first personal development book (also the first book I was to read cover to cover, including books from school) Awaken the Giant Within By Anthony Robbins.  

What have you done so far to realise your dream of becoming an entrepreneur?  
To date I have started 4 businesses and sold them, sold over 35 franchises either for my own business or for other companies, I have started and currently own Australias first and only Luxury supercar rally (Auzrun) held every year and have also secured a deal with a long term mentor to purchase 50% of the soon to be American arm of Auzrun.



How have you educated yourself? 
From books, to Seminar’s to DVD’s to CD’s to even cassette and VHS tapes and most importantly surrounding myself with mentors and role models.  I find out of all of the learning I have done, the best is from the group of people that I surround myself with as they are the living and breathing evidence that you can be, do, see or feel whatever you desire, you just need to DO.

What do you think the most important steps to becoming an entrepreneur are?  
That’s a challenging one and I am not 100% sure if this is the most important step but it’s the one that I have recently learnt (in the past year) that I believe is at least one of the most important steps, and that is Delivery.  What I mean by delivery is simply delivering on your promise, your product, your service or even your own personal goals and dreams to the level that you originally set out to do.  I have found that a lot of people who fail in life simply don’t deliver and those who are role models, leaders and a success in their chosen fields are those who simply deliver. Another major step that I can honestly say has helped me achieve the majority of my business success is (provided the first is being done and can be done) selling your story and make it inspiring so that you make people want to be a part of it.

Ross Scutts


Who are your inspirations and why?   
I have a number of inspirations in my life, some I am close friends with, some I haven’t met and some are even fictional characters.  Some of the people that I am fortunate to call my friends, mentors and roll models are Phillip Di Bella from Di Bella Coffee, this guy started Di Bella Coffee 8 years ago and was last year awarded QLD young Entrepreneur of the year, he has built his company up from $5,000 to a $65 million empire and is now expanding internationally.  He is a true inspiration that I get to have regular contact with and am truly fortunate for it as the guy is a true example of what it means to be an entrepreneur! 

Another mentor and role model of mine is Bradley J Sugars.  He started the company Action COACH (formally Action International), the worlds largest business coaching company.  They have 1,200+ Business Coaches world wide and are regularly rated in the 100 best Franchise systems in the world as well as a number of times cracking the 50 top fastest growing franchises world wide.  A great inspiration to have around and be able to give a call and ask a questions.

Ross Scutts with Mentor Bradely J Sugars and partner Ellie Gonsalves.

 Others who I have only been able to connect with through their books and seminars are Sir Richard Branson and Donald Trump.  Both of whom have been on the verge of bankruptcy and have bounced back impressively to have net worths in excess of $2.5 billion.  They both do business differently to one another which just goes to show, there ARE many ways to succeed in business, it all comes down to how YOU want to succeed in business and the type of person you want to be.

Some of the fictional characters would include Bruce Wayne and of course Tony Stark (Iron Man), probably not so much from an entrepreneurial or educational point of view, clearly, but from an enjoyment and fun point of view. Knowing how to reward yourself for your hard work is just as important as working hard and succeeding, you need to enjoy life and embrace your acheivements 

What are your plans for the future?
  In the short term, my partner Ellie and I are moving to the US to set up the American arm of Auzrun and for us to pursue our goals and dreams which should see me hit the BRW Young Rich list by the time I am 30 (6 years).  As well as the constant development and running of the Young Entrepreneurs Club and expanding that internationally. Business wise I plan on constantly learning, growing and educating myself from those who have done it bigger and better than what I have so that I can become all that I can enabling me to share even more with people who also want to learn.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? 
In 10 years time I see myself living in the US, retired (or be in the position to be able to retire) and starting a family with my incredible partner Ellie.  In reality this is the number one driving force for me in all my business endeavours, to be in a position to provide for my family, that I do not need to work and don’t ever need to work, I like to make work a choice and not just a necessity.  Like anything in life that you invest a lot of your time in, you should be doing it all for worthwhile and predetermined reasons that are set by you (meaning you are the driving force behind what you are doing, not what others have told you or are making you do and you know why you are doing it) and this is one of my major goals.  Realisticlly, I personally don’t think I will ever be able to fully ‘retire’ as keeping your mind active is like going to the gym for your mind.

Ross Scutts and Ellie Gonsalves.
  

Any advice for aspiring entrepreneurs?  
Surround yourself with other like-minded people who want similar things to you and then also surround yourself with people who are further up the ladder than you are.  This is one of the reasons why I have put together The Young Entrepreneurs Club.  It is the first club specifically aimed at under 30 year old aspiring entrepreneurs and current entrepreneurs who want to surround themselves on a monthly basis with other like minded, passionate and driven entrepreneurs meeting monthly in groups of 10 and having the confidence of sharing everything that is going on in their life’s knowing that it never leaves the room. I think these are the two most important things for aspiring entrepreneurs to follow. 


http://www.auzrun.com

*****

Thank you Ross! You are truly an inspiration!

Stay fabulous!

CLE

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to meeting you at the YEC Casey!

    Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!


    Entrepreneur Interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm concerned that he only read his first book at the ever so ripe age of 18... seriously?

    ReplyDelete


  4. Great post you shared, you have now become top of my list. You were unknown to me before but have found your content to be fantastic.

    So great work for informing us of the possibilities and following a certain path.

    I really appreciate your hard work an giving us some information and inspiring others to follow.

    Thanks so much.

    I hope for more post in the future.

    Success Accounting

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone is aware that Ross Scutts was an integral member of the administration of the company Express Business Group which is currently being sued by a large number of individuals and groups due to the illegal and questionable actions of this company. His career is not as auspicious as the interview duggests.

    ReplyDelete