Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stylist Profile: LindaLola Style


When I first started off in the fashion industry I was very wary. Lets face it, the fashion industry doesn't have the best reputation and when I told people what I was doing they said to me 'oh you must have a hard time with all the bitchiness and backstabbing'. The funny thing is that I have never ever encountered it! Everyone I meet is lovely and I have made some brilliant friends in the process! 
Linda Lola just happens to be one of those who I met in the industry and is now one of my closest friends. We met at the Blanc + Delta store launch in Brisbane and the rest is history! She is kind, beautiful and a stylist... a brilliant one at that! She has an amazing eye for style and I love going out to cover events with her there because she always ups the anti and keeps me guessing with the outfits she puts together! She is always immaculate and is certainly very talented when it comes to personal style. I am very happy that she is my first 'Stylist Profile'! Linda's story is quite incredible, she is an inspiration and she strives for the best! 
Enjoy!

***

Linda Lola

Name: 

Linda Lola 

Star Sign: 

Taurus

Tell me a bit about yourself?

Born in Iraq into a large Chaldean/Assyrian family I am the 3rd child of nine kids. Growing up life was a challenge always living in fear for your life due to the on going wars in Iraq. At the age of 16 during the gulf invasion my parents had had enough and made the decision to flea Iraq to a Western Country via Turkey. To say the lest that journey was very difficult. We endured a long walking journey at night through the tough terrains of Iraq and Turkey. Upon arrival to Istanbul within 3 months my Father past away due to a brain hemorrhage. In a foreign middle eastern country with  no money and no male figure to support or provide for a family of 9 we struggled to make ends meet. My sisters and I worked 15 hours a day sewing in a textile factory and this was not where I developed my love for fashion! Our journey to migrate to a western country had just began and we now had to endure it with out the support of a Father. After burying my Father during our stay in Istanbul our main aim was to submit an application to different countries. We submitted an application to the Australian embassy. After living 2 years in Istanbul eventually our application was approved for a permanent Visa.
 We arrived in Queensland Australia in 1995 under the guidance and help of the Australian immigration department who provided us with all the help we needed . I studied the English Language for 18 months and after 3 years I traveled to Canada to visit my sister. I ended up getting married there and had my son Domanic. After 6 years my marriage ended so Dominic and I moved back to Australia in January 2005 where I met my second husband Maroune. I remarried in 2006 and had 2 more beautiful boys Gabriel and Leonidas!

How did you first get into styling? 

Fashion has been a part of my life for as long as I remember! I always wanted to be part of the industry but wasn't sure which part. I was always complemented by people every time I would go out and get so many questions about the outfits I put together then one day I heard about the Myer fashions on the feild competition and I knew i had to be part of that so I designed and made my own outfit for the day! The Australian Designer Wayne Cooper was one of the Judges. I ended up in the top ten finalist among many many other fashionistas. That gave me a little kick start so I just thought about it and started LINDALOLA STYLE. It has been a great and interesting journey so far.

Wayne Cooper and Linda Lola

 What has been your favourite styling job so far?

I loved every project I have done so it is so hard to choose a favourite. I love big projects because I love to be challenged when it comes to fashion.

Who is your inspiration and why? 

I have a few people I call a true inspiration. My sisters, they all beautiful and strong women. We have been through a lot together and no matter what is thrown at them they always come out on top. My true business inspiration is my husband, he is a true business man and my biggest supporter. My favourite fashion inspiration would be hands Down Jennifer Lopez. I have been a huge fan of her style since she came on the scene she always wows me, I just adore her. My favourite styling inspirations would be Trinny and Susannah! 

Linda with Stylist icons Trinny & Susannah


If you could style anyone who would it be? 

I would love to style Daniel Craig and Angelina Jolie.  

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why? 

One day I would love to go to Paris France because of the fashion shows. It is one of my goals.  

Favourite book? 

Oh you mean besides Vouge and Instyle Magazines? hahaha! I don't get as much time now being a mother to 3 boys and a stylist, it takes most of my time but I read 'For the Sake of her Child' by Meg Hutchinson and 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne a couple of years ago and enjoyed them very much. 

One of Linda's styling projects with Epic Concepts


Favourite movie? 

The Devil Wears Prada.

Three wardrobe staples you cant live without? 

My premium Skinny Guess Jeans, Chanel sunglasses and Boots yes I adore Boots.   

What are three wardrobe staples every woman should have? 

I know it is a cliche to say a little black dress but I am going to break the roll and say one of the most important items that you could invest in is a few pairs of Nude coloured briefs, they can't go wrong under any outfit. The second item I would have to say is a classic trench they never go out of style and the third one, also a classic item, would have to be hoops earings they just compliments every face and you can wear them during the day at the office or for a night out. 

What is your biggest fashion indulgence? 

Christian Louboutin Shoes.

More of Linda's styling work

Your favourite designer label? 

There are so many that I love to mix and match to achieve my own style so they are all my favourites and as a stylist it all depends on the day and the occasion for me to choose.

Any styling advice for the women of the world?  

Don't Copy what celebrities are wearing. You need to find your own personal signature style that fits with your life style.  

Anything you want to add? 
Don't let anyone tell you you are no good at anything or you are not worthy of anything! Just remember you are brought to this earth for a reason, believe me you are no mistake! Life is a wish given to us so use it wisely to your advantage.

More styling work for Epic Concepts


***


Thank you Linda!
To see more of Linda's work go to 
Linda is also offering 20% off her personal styling consultation service for A Case of Beauty readers! Just mention this blog when you make an appointment! Contact Linda via her Facebook or drop her an email at lindalola.1@live.com

Stay fabulous!

CLE

No comments:

Post a Comment