Monday, October 11, 2010

ARBONNE RE9 REVIEW

Last week I was given the RE9 Advanced Set to test and review for one week by my local Arbonne representative Missy Holtsbaum. If you had read my previous blog on the Arbonne party I went to, you know how much I love Missy and how honest, knowledgeable, relaxed and 'non-pushy' she is. So when she asked me to test out her latest products of course I was going to say yes! I was a little skeptical and scared at first as there is nothing worse than bad skin care that leaves your skin worse than when you first starting using the products. Skin care really is such an individual thing. What works for you may not work for your friends and what works for your friends may not work for you. It really it comes down to trial and error, speaking to your friends with similar skin types or going to see a consultant (preferably one who is recommended). 
For a bit of back ground on my skin.... I have combination skin. Some parts are oily and some parts are dry. It has a lot to do (I find when it comes to my skin) with which season it is as to whether my skin is more oily or more dry. I rarely get pimples (only if I am lazy and don't wash makeup off at night!) and I do have a few black heads in my oily sections (nose & chin).

 Here is my breakdown, product by product, on the Set and then my final opinion.  



RE9 ADVANCED SMOOTHING FACIAL CLEANSER

Crème cleanser provides effective smoothing and renewing of skin surface for soft, supple skin.
Use morning and evening.
I really enjoyed this cleanser. It smelt lovely, orange oil I think. It took my face and eye makeup off easily and did not sting my eyes at all. I also loved the innovative lid. You don't have to take the lid off... you just turn it slightly to reveal a hole at the bottom which releases the product! Much easier than dealing with screw top lids in the shower. 



RE9 ADVANCED REGENERATING TONER

Antioxidant-rich, pH-balanced mist with vitamins A, C and E regenerates skin tone and firmness to deliver younger-looking skin. 
Use morning and evening following cleanser.
The toner was great. I read all the time that toning or putting cold water on your face after cleansing is important. This toner is great. I love that it's a spray so you can just mist it onto your face. So refreshing. It has vitamins and antioxidants in it so it leaves a feeling more like a light moisturiser that has been misted onto your face, rather than the usual toners that just feel like water. It takes a bit of time to dry and I think it is important to wait for it to dry completely before you apply the moisturiser.


 RE9 ADVANCED INTENSIVE RENEWAL SERUM


A powerful blend of clinically proven, collagen-supporting ingredients that visibly firm and lift skin, while diminishing the appearance of fine lines.  
Use morning and evening.
I only used this product in the evening as I find that I cannot wear moisturiser under my makeup as my makeup will just dissipate within the first few hours of applying. On the first day I trialed the products I did exactly as instructed (as I am still always willing to look for a moisturiser to wear under my makeup!) but it just didn't work for me and my oily skin. But the moisturiser is lovely. 




RE9 Advanced Restorative Day Crème SPF 15

High concentrations of advanced moisture-enhancing ingredients support collagen, and protect and restore skin's youthful appearance.
Use in the morning after serum.
After the first couple of days I did not end up using this at all. As I said above, with my skin, I cannot use moisturiser under my makeup. On the first day I applied the Intensive Serum and then this but it was too much. The next day I skipped the intensive serum and just applied this but it still did not work for me. My makeup just becomes unsightly as it disappears. So I just use the moisturisers at night and use the Toner and Arbonne Primer (love the primer!) during the day. But for the days I don't wear makeup I would certainly use this.


 RE9 ADVANCED CORRECTIVE EYE CREME


Exclusive blend supports collagen, reducing puffiness and diminishing dark circles.
Use morning and night.
Being 24 I don't have any wrinkles, puffiness or dark circles... so for me using the eye cream, it's basically just a preventative measure to help support collagen. I used this at night only. It is not the lightest eye cream I have ever used but it certainly did not feel 'heavy' or 'gluggy' (as some cheaper eye creams feel).  



 RE9 Advanced Age-Defying Neck Cream


Visibly firms and tightens the décolleté and neck to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Use morning and night.
Again, due to my age, this is just a preventative measure so I cant share any 'visible results' other than leaving my skin lovely and smooth. But for some reason I really loved this cream. I loved the texture and the smell. I used it at night time on my neck and decolletage and on my decolletage in the morning. I love the way it sits on your skin and the way it smells. I also love having a separate cream for your neck and decolletage as when I usually use my normal skin care I don't often put it on my decolletage as it is expensive and I almost feel as though I am wasting it.  


RE9 ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR CREME

Ultra-hydrating blend of botanicals
Use at night.
By the time you get to this cream... you have the intensive serum, the eye cream and the neck cream on so it is a fair amount of product at night time (and during the day if you use the products as directed). When you use all the products during the day (intensive serum, eye cream, neck cream and day cream) it doesn't feel too heavy, it actually feels just like wearing makeup. But, to me, when you use all the products at night it does feel a little bit heavier. This could be due to my oily skin as well and in saying that... does it really matter if the products work well for you?  

My Humble Opinion....
Please keep in mind that I only trialed these products for one week. I don't believe you can learn much about skin care in one week, except whether or not you are going to have a reaction to it or if it suits your lifestyle and makeup regime. So I don't really feel as if I can give you much of an opinion.
 In saying that, for the week I have used it... my skin is certainly not dry and feels lovely and smooth since using the products. If I had longer I would certainly continue to use them and I am very interested to see how it would work for me during a whole six week program and I am even more interested in seeing an older woman do a six week program to see if she receives visible results from the products.


Stay fabulous!


CLE

No comments:

Post a Comment