Sunday, September 26, 2010

BE SEDUCED... LIPSTICK



There is something about lipstick... something so feminine, classy and beautiful. It also takes a lot of people, be it men or women, back to their childhood days of playing around with their mothers lipstick and looking in the mirror to see the colour on your lips brighten the youth in your face. After many years of lip-gloss ruling the market, most of us either have forgotten about lipstick or almost even.... grown afraid of it. Lipstick is something a 'woman' wears and even myself being 24 and a mother... I was still waiting for that 'woman' feeling to move in and the 'girl' feeling to move out before I braved the lipstick. But thanks to one of our favourite French fashion houses and many other cosmetic companies who are following the trend I am no longer waiting for the paradigm shift.... I'm just doing it! After watching an Australian Harpers Bazaar special on Coco Chanel's new line of lipsticks "Rouge Coco" I gained so much confidence in 'lipstick' so I thought I might share it with you. 



“Women seem to have forgotten how to apply lipstick,” said Peter Philips, Chanel’s global creative director for makeup. “We have a whole generation of lip gloss girls.  I want to make lipstick as easy to apply as lip gloss, and for a long-lasting formula to feel comfortable on the lips.”

The Muse for Rouge Coco is the gorgeous Vanessa Paradis

One of my favourite lines from Peter Philips...
"I would like to seduce women back into wearing lipstick again. Just go for it! It will make you feel fantastic. Your whole attitude changes when you wear lipstick."
     



I am now in love with lipstick and want to wear it when ever I can! I haven't yet bought any of the lipsticks from the Rouge Coco line but I definitely intend to as they have 'seduced' me into wearing it! The lipsticks I have been wearing are....

Hara from Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess line.
I love love love this tangerine colour from Napoleon. It is soooo in at the moment and so so much fun to wear! I bought this from David Jones.


Maybelline Cool Watermelon D160
Another colour I am in love with at the moment is this one from Maybelline. The picture doesn't do the colour much justice but it is a super hot pink and it's great! Obviously being a cheaper brand, it is less pigmented, so you need to apply it more often. But I love it. I picked this up at Target.

Ultimate Red from Estee Lauder
Red lipstick is always fun and gorgeous. If you have never worn it before it might take some getting used to because we are generally not used to seeing our lips so highlighted. So wear it around the house and decide whether you like it or not rather than putting it on when you go out one night and feeling self-conscious about your lips. Also when it comes to buying red lipstick it is a good idea to purchase a more expensive brand as it has longer staying power and the shades, I believe, when it comes to reds are generally better with the higher end brands. I purchased this red from a Terry White Chemist!

I hope you buy some and try it out! It is so much fun and just a great way to inject colour into your face this spring and summer! Much easier than doing some of the elaborate and bright eye shadows that are in season! 

Stay fabulous!
CLE




2 comments:

  1. Casey love the way you wrote this.. very up-beat, happy and creative. The pleasure is in the reading and seductive is not only the lipstick but your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it great work !!! i still use my lipsticks they r the best ;)

    ReplyDelete