Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Brisbane tonight, Wow! Charity Lunch with Ashlee Hart Designs & Stacey McEwen Millinery







I first met my dear and talented friend Jessica Gray in the lunch room at Target when I was 16 and we instantly clicked. She is one of those friends that you will have forever because she is kind, loving and loyal! So when she asked me to come along to a charity lunch to help raise funds for a new film she is working on there is no way I was going to say no to her! The film which is now in preproduction is called "It's Brisbane Tonight, Wow!" and it is about Rick Stinger who is down on his luck... his comedy career is a disaster, his car won’t work, and the local community TV station won’t show his short film. So what else to do except to catch a bus and go and pick up his film – which turns out to be the best move he’s ever made. When a storm hits the station and flash flooding is all around , Rick suddenly becomes the right man in the right place at the right time. With no guests able to make it to the local tonight show, the host cons Rick into impersonating each of them as the show goes live to air – not knowing the actual guests are holed up in a local pub watching with mounting anger. Part farce and part laugh out loud comedy It’s Brisbane Tonight – Wow! will have you laughing out loud! 







The lunch was held in the gorgeous Sanctuary Cove at the 'O' Bar & Grill. 
It was my first spring event and I was so excited to go! It was a gorgeous day except the wind... well lets just say after spending a long time doing my hair, the wind changed my styling in an instant! But with gorgeous blue skies and summer on the way I could not complain!
Now to the fashion!! We were treated to one of my favourite, actually I would have to say she is my favourite Gold Coast Designer, Spring Summer 10/11 Collection by Ashlee Hart Designs and also some stunning Millinery from the talented Stacey McEwen! Thankfully the photographer on the day, Leigh Warner, was lovely and has sent me some gorgeous pictures that were taken around Sanctuary Cove on the day which really shows off Ashlee and Stacey's stunning pieces!














It was a beautiful and relaxing afternoon with good food, sparkling wine, great fashion and good company! Ashlee's designs were beautiful as always and the millinery was stunning! For more pictures and info make sure you check out my facebook and thank you so much to Leigh Warner for his amazing photos!


It's Brisbane Tonight, Wow!

Ashlee Hart Designs

Stacey McEwan

Leigh Warner Photography
Stay fabulous!

CLE

1 comment:

  1. And here's the trailer for it! Thanks for all the support with the launch :-)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xwa2-9z-RU

    ReplyDelete