Thursday, September 9, 2010

CANDID HEARTS KANDID HEARTS


Last Friday was such a beautiful and warm night in Brisbane I loved it! I wore a 'barely there' silk dress and didn't even have to wear a jacket! Spring has finally sprung and I am super excited to see what designers have come up with for these glorious seasons! I had never heard of Candid Hearts Kandid Hearts (surely me not hearing of designers does not surprise you by now... I am slowly getting to know our local talent!) so I had a look at their website and as you all know I loooove great photography, especially when it comes to clothing collections, and they have some amazing shots of their collection online which got me really excited to see what they would bring to the runway! 
I had the amazing privilege again to have Craig Scarr come along and take some photos for me! It makes my job so much easier and makes blogging so much more fun when you have a professional photographer come along and help you out! Thank you Craig! 
The showcase was at the GPO in Brisbane. I had not been to the GPO since my living in Brisbane 'Uni' days a few years ago so I was looking forward to the flood of memories it would bring back and also S/S being my favourite seasons hence my favourite collections!
The models strutted the 'black box' runway with bright makeup and feather headresses!




 "Candid Hearts Clothing Company Established in 2008. Exclusive and original prints. Mens and Womens printed T's, Signature Silk Garments and Trans-seasonal collections. Based in Brisbane, Australia."


I really enjoyed this collection. It was much more impressive than I imagined it would be and I can really say I would love to see it again! The flowing silk and sheer was gorgeous and some of the colours in the pieces were just stunning! Three words for this summer... SILK, SHEER & COLOUR. This collection had it all.



No collection is complete without a little black dress! 

They also had some great T's for men...



I didn't manage to get a snap of my favourite piece and obviously I haven't put all the pictures up from the collection that night so make sure you go to their website and check out the awesome pictures of their collections http://candidhearts.tumblr.com
also add them on facebook and myspace! 

Designers for Candid Hearts Kandid Hearts
Celcelia Hides & Kris Harman

There is some serious talent between these two and I really cannot wait to see what they produce in the future as this brand seems to go from strength to strength! They have an eye for detail, great colour and whats hot! Well done guys!

Stay fabulous!

CLE





No comments:

Post a Comment