Thursday, August 5, 2010

Veve Glamour Swimwear Launch



When I first saw the facebook event for Veve's launch of their new collection 'Carnival' I thought I might try my luck and see if I could cover the night as I was already a big fan of the 09/10 collection! So I emailed the owner and designer of Veve Glamour Swimwear, Vanessa Bryce. I didn't really expect an email back as this was the first time I had emailed a designer directly and asked to cover a show. So I held my breath, crossed my fingers and clicked send! Within a few hours I had an email back from Vanessa who is clearly not just a talentled lady with a great eye for design and detail but she was loooovely. She was so polite and sweet and was more than happy for me to cover the night! I cannot tell you how excited I was!

Ellie Gonsalves, the face of Veve (Left) & Vanessa Bryce, the very talented owner and designer of Veve (Right).

The launch was on Thursday the 29th of July at the Gold Coast International in Surfers Paradise. FTV were covering the night so I knew that Vanessa was going to make it a night to remember as a designer will never mess up a chance of international exposure and I tell you what... she did not disappoint! The gorgeous models, including the face of Veve- stunning Miss Ellie Gonsalves, strutted the runway to funky and upbeat tunes holding clusters of balloons that matched the colours of their swimwear! 



The room was electric with excitement and awe as model after model paraded down the runway. The models walked in time to fresh, fun and funky pop songs, huge smiles adorned their faces and you could just tell that they loved that they were there and what they were wearing! It really was a pleasure to watch! The collection of swimwear for the Carnival range is HUGE. I have never seen such a big collection! Every time a model walked off the stage you sat there in avid anticipation to see what on earth one designer could possibly come up with next! Every piece was as good as the last and there really was a vast range. From cute and bubbly to sexy and dominating! Each piece told it's own story and I loved it! There is also the cutest kiddies range! The little ladies that strutted their stuff were ADORABLE! The range for girls is cute, pretty, fresh and stylish whilst keeping in mind that they are meant for children. Frills, flowers and bows... Love it!


According to veve.com.au (the site has just had an update and it is fabulous! It is so much more than a look book, I really enjoyed browsing the site!) their swimwear is "Made from the finest quality Lycra, and using diamantes, jewels, braids and metallic fabrics make Veve Swimwear distinctly unique and glamorous." Unique and glamorous indeed! The bikinis bottoms were a very sexy and eye catching Brazilian cut and the one pieces were gorgeous and always had a unique twist to them! If I had to come up with this collection I think it would have taken me years. Vanessa has done nothing short of an amazing job! The whole collection was a feast for the eyes and will certainly turn heads at the beach, pool or even at a music festival! Veve Glamour Swimwear is set for international stardom. A collection this magnificent certainly cannot achieve anything but success.


When the show was over everyone was so exhilarated and blown away from such an impressive show! We walked out of one room and into another for the after party! Our eyes were greeted by a Carnival Creature on stilts, our ears the sound of upbeat tunes from a DJ in the corner and our taste buds by champagne!



The whole night was one of exhilaration and fun, the collection was one of the most impressive I have ever seen and everyone was lovely and looked fabulous! This is certainly a launch that I will be looking forward to next year and I have to get my hands on one of the gorgeous bikinis!
Thank you Vanessa for giving me the opportunity to cover your amazing night!
For more photos check out my facebook!
Stay fabulous! 
CLE


No comments:

Post a Comment