Sunday, August 8, 2010

Alpha-H Update.



I know I said I was going to V-log instead of B-log about this but I just cannot get the vlog right for the life of me! There is just so much about the products I want to share! I have definately noticed a difference. My red spots or 'hyper-pigmentation' are certainly reduced and I have fewer blackheads and break outs! wohoo! Here are my pictures I have taken on the day I started and the two week mark!


Left picture is the first day I started using the products and the right one is two weeks in! The pictures don't tell much of a story as my skin was quite clear but you can definately see the reduction in the redness on my face. So I am seeing great results after two weeks! Now I will give you my thoughts on all of the products I have received!


 First up is the tripple action cleanser that I use morning and night. I do love this cleanser. It works wonders taking my makeup off at night and it is gentle and safe so you can use it to remove your eye makeup! I have tried so many products in the past that say it can be used to remove eye makeup and it stings your eyes but this cleanser does not sting at all! I love it! One thing I am not so sure about is that I have to use alot of the product at night time as it is not the easiest product to spread when wearing makeup. Although it does its job perfectly, I need to use a fair amount of it at night so I am not sure if this product is going to last me the whole six weeks! TIP: When removing your makeup at night use a white face cloth in conjunction with your product so you can make sure you have removed all of your makeup. When no more colour is coming off onto the cloth you know you have done a great job! 



Next is the Micro Cleanse that I use twice a week. This exfoliating face wash is looovely. I love the smell (spearmint I think) and I love working it into the specific areas on my face that can get so oily and I know that dead skin cells are being banished from my face to leave me with a clearer complexion! This product actually stung my face a little, along with some of the other products, which kind of scared me at first because on the back of the product it warns "Stop using this product immediately if you experience adverse reactions including STINGING, itching and burning". My face did sting but it was a only a little uncomfotable and not painful so I did a bit of research into Glycolic Acid which is the ingrediant in the products that do sting me and here is what I found.... 
 Glycolic acid is used in many skin care products due to its excellent capability to penetrate skin. It is used often as a chemical peel performed by a dermatologist or in at-home kits. Glycolic Acid reacts with the upper layer of the epidermis, weakening the binding properties of the lipids that hold the dead skin cells together hence it improves the skin's appearance and texture.
So obviously you are going to get a bit of stinging. I also noticed that the stinging was varied with the same product. Sometimes it would sting quite a lot and others not so much. So I did a bit more research into it and found that Glycolic Acid is pH sensitive so I think that the stinging can vary due to the pH of your skin. Keep in mind I haven't spoken to Alpha-H about this yet. So I will let you know!    
TIP: I have to use this product twice a week, I use it on Tuesdays and Fridays, so to remind myself of the days I have to use it I took a permantent marker and wrote TUES & FRI on the bottle which helps me remember I have to use this product on these days. I can be a bit slow in the mornings so I find this really helps!


I use the eye cream morning and night. Its very light and cool when you put it on, it is not oily at all and drys quickly. It is a great eye cream! You need a different cream for your eyes compared to the rest of your face as the skin around your eyes is more sensitive and a lot thinner than the skin on cheeks.


I basically have a love/hate relationship with the Daily Essential Moisturiser. I love it (especially the smell, I love the smell of sunscreen!) but I find that if I use it I have to let it dry on my skin for at least half an hour to an hour before I put my makeup on. This is most likely due to the SPF 30+. So if I jump up in the morning, wash my face and have to apply my makeup then and there I don't use the moisturiser as my skin is already quite oily and I find the moisturiser + the makeup + my oily skin leaves me waaaay too oily and my makeup doesn't last half the day. But other than that I do spend a couple of makeup free days at home and I love putting it on and I also make an effort to wash my face and put it on early as I do have dry areas on my face (I have combination skin) and using this moisturiser has definitely helped. A few ladies at the Alpha-H workshop expressed that they used this moisturiser under their makeup without a problem so you can always speak to Alpha-H and they can give you a sample tube for you to test before you buy!


Balancing moisturiser with gentle exfoliant. I love it and I use it every night. There is nothing better than having a clean face at night, putting on your night cream and getting into your nice warm bed. It's so comforting to me and is a wonderful way end to a busy day! This is cream is very light and not oily at all. It is fast absorbing and just lovely!





I use the liquid Gold and Clay Masks once a week, on my 'Me Night' which is a Sunday :), and I love them. I sit in my spa with a glass of red and my mask on my face! Sooo relaxing and sooo good for your skin! My skin feels beautiful and smooth after using the masks. I use the Liquid Gold mask first, leave it on for 10 minutes then wash that off and put the clay mask on for 10 minutes. I look forward to my 'Me Nights' on Sunday even more now!

Overall I am loving the products and I am looking forward to seeing further results! If you are interested in the products check out www.alpha-h.com

Stay fabulous!

CLE




No comments:

Post a Comment