Monday, August 2, 2010

Gail Sorronda


The pictures are of Gail Sorronda's SS10 Collection 'Invasive Exotics'
This blog is just a quickie as I could not find any information on Gail except for this tiny little bit from littleflirt.com.au 
"Gail Reid 28, inspired by her studies in built environment has developed a penchant for structure and perspective whilst eschewing colour and pattern. Gail launched Gail Sorronda in 2005 after winning the Mercedes-Benz Start-Up Awards with her debut collection Angel at my Table. Gail Sorronda is an emotive label on a non-linear path. It’s Gail’s voyeuristic alter-ego that explores the opposite and equal reaction in pursuit of actualizing an ideal version of self. Gail’s designs are an appropriation of her inspired truth."  
I know, I know... a lot of big descriptive words but from what I can gather Gail seems to command such a description!

I had a quick flick through her blog, which is amazing so you really should check it out http://gailsorronda.blogspot.com 
She has a beautiful way of writing and always has gorgeous pictures to go with her eloquent words. Very talented woman indeed and all this talent shines through in her designs... the way her pieces are photographed is quite hypnotic.

She writes about her AW 10 collection named 'Black Chalk'
"I awake to black chalk delineating my body. All I can see is shadows, the hidden and the space between the lines. This transparent skin hasn’t seen our sunlight. I feel safe in this chrysalis; innocent in its clarity but deceiving in its purity. I crave perfection like aliens in Egypt and protection in my lovers’ arms. The black chalk leaves an impression on my fingertips as I write a message to him in the dark…"

Gail Sorronda will be showcased in the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival Brisbane on Tuesday the 10th of August at 9pm in the Schwarzkopf Professional Hair and Fashion Show www.qtix.com


Gail has some gorgeous pieces. The collection really is stunning and the photography makes browsing her collection a visual delight! To see the whole collection go to http://gailsorronda.swappler.com 
Love it! Stay fabulous!
CLE


No comments:

Post a Comment