Thursday, December 9, 2010

CHAMPIONS HAIR BEAUTY DAY SPA





When I was asked if I would like to do a review of Champions Hair Beauty Day Spa by the lovely owner Caroline the answer really was a no brainer. Of course! I have actually been going to Champions for 7 years now so who better really to do a review than me? I know all the staff, in fact a few of them have become some of my closest friends and I am there almost once a week!  It really is quite hard to find a hair dresser, nail tech, massage therapist, etc that you like and you can trust to do a wonderful job time and time again and if you do manage to get them all under the one roof it is an incredible bonus! I literally get every one of my beauty treatments there. My waxing, hair, nails, spray tans and I buy all my hair care products from there too. Champions is in the gorgeous Sanctuary Cove Marine Village, right by the water. Although I have been going there for years I had never actually used the Day Spa. So last week I got spoilt and had some Spa treatments so I can give you the whole idea on Champions! 
The treatment rooms are gorgeous. With its chocolate brown walls, oil burner in the corner providing soft lighting and sweet fragrance, the treatment table in the middle of the room covered with crisp white towels and draped with a gorgeous mink blanket and of course beautiful relaxing music flowing effortlessly through the speakers in the roof you cant help but feel relaxed even before you lay down on the treatment table. My therapist was Kersty and she was just lovely. I first had a salt scrub which is a formulation of salt and other ingredients which is used to exfoliate dead skin from the body, leaving fresh skin behind and nourishing the skin with herbal ingredients. To have your whole body exfoliated feels great. With the change of season my skin was feeling a little tight and dry and now it feels refreshed and smooth. When that was done I had a Vichy shower. This shower is not just any shower. I was expecting to jump up and have a 'normal' shower on my own to wash away the salt but where would the fun or relaxation be in that? 



The Vichy Shower is an aquatic therapeutic experience inspired by treatments used in the French city of Vichy. It is a metal arm that has seven heads and runs parallel to a cushioned treatment table so you can be showered while laying down. The Vichy shower relaxes sore muscles and stimulates lymph circulation, which helps the body eliminate metabolic wastes. This was probably my favourite treatment. The feeling of the water against your body and the way the therapist creates different pressures and temperatures with the water is absolute heaven. My last treatment was an hour massage. The only problem with getting a massage for an hour is that it goes way too quickly! Kersty was amazing. She made me feel comfortable at all times and encouraged me to let her know how much pressure I liked which to me is important. Overall the whole experience was incredibly refreshing, relaxing and the ultimate me time. I most certainly recommend it! If you love it as much as I did it would be such a wonderful once a month treat as it really is an amazing indulgence and an incredible stress relief! It's all part of looking after yourself! 
The weekend before my amazing Day Spa experience I had a wedding to go to so I had an upstyle done by the beautiful Sam! I had never had my hair done by Sam before but I must say she is really amazing at upstyles! I can be quite indecisive, especially when it comes to my hair, so when Sam asked me what I would like done I told her I wanted an upstyle but I didn't want to look like the Bride or the Bridesmaids! So with so little information she got to work.



  It turned out perfect! I loved it! The girls at Champions really know their stuff. My regular hair dresser Mikkie is constantly trying out new dos and re-inventing her hair style. She has a real talent for knowing what colours and cuts suit people and is great at doing what YOU want with your hair. My nail Technician is Zavier and she is great. She keeps up with all the latest colours and nail products and is always doing new courses to keep up with new techniques. The other two Nail Techs, Terri and Nikki, are just as lovely and talented but you have to book ahead for these three girls because they are in high demand! My spray tans and waxing are done by what ever beauty therapist is available at the time and they are all lovely, discreet, professional and brilliant at what they do. 
Have a look at their website to see their gorgeous facilities.
They have two locations, one in the Marine Village at Sanctuary Cove and the other at the Hyatt Regency in Sanctuary Cove. Champions are reasonable priced and it is just a wonderful atmosphere full of lovely professionals willing to help! Go and check it out for yourself, you wont be dissapointed!

Stay fabulous! 



No comments:

Post a Comment