Thursday, June 24, 2010

Speechless


I have been left speechless by today's incredible turn around.... the fall of Kevin 07' and the rise of Julia Gillard. I assumed it would be easy to do a blog on the giant step for women's rights this day has seemed to have had and that Kevin did this wrong and that wrong which is why he no longer resides in power. But its way more complicated than I could ever have imagined so I will keep it short and sweet as I don't feel informed enough to comment too much on the subject and technically the whole of Australia should have that attitude....

Now I am honestly not going to claim that I know anything about politics because I don't. I decided to distance myself from it due to the lack of integrity that the Australian Government shows. After going through high school watching Behind the News and then on to university where you watched Australian Parliamentary Question Time (which I think is an absolute abomination and cannot believe adults would ever act in such a manner, not to mention the fact its an extremely bad example to be setting for our younger generations) and shown ABC documentaries on the corruption and insanity that goes on within our Government... I just decided to not give it my attention any more. But this I could not ignore. I have been researching all day and I thought it would be simple to do a blog on this extraordinary event but it turns out it is not. The more I research the more I seem to see that in the past 24 hours something BIG happened behind the scenes in our government and what saddens me is that we will more than likely not ever know what it actually was. Yes, a lot of fingers are certainly pointing at the mining industry but there are so many conspiracy theories floating around I don't care to list any of them as I have found this whole day a complete and utter smoke and mirrors scenario. I wish I could honestly stand up and whole heartedly celebrate the fact that for the first time in Australian history we have a female as our Prime Minister but I cant. I find that this fact is being used as a distraction and the whole process moved so quickly that a whole lot of 'something' has gone down and I am seriously annoyed at the fact that it certainly seems like the people we vote into power actually don't have 'the power'. I am not usually a sceptic or a conspiracy believer... I am fully aware of the fact that certain things happen within governments that never see the light of day let alone brought to our attention but this is something that possibly for the first time has hit close to home and I am old enough to understand that this really isn't right. I wish Julia Gillard good luck in her new position and I wish Kevin Rudd and his family all the best. That is the one thing I can whole heartedly say because I have no idea what went down today.... who was right or who was wrong... I withhold judgement as the press are remaining vague and are moving as quick as the events unfold without any time for real investigation. Maybe tomorrow will shed more light on the past 24 hours... or not.

CLE



1 comment:

  1. No matter the reasons as to why everything happened the way it did, seeing K-Rudd cry broke my heart! Alex x

    ReplyDelete